Start thinking ICEtags for members…
If you’re a member of a running, athletics or sports club, or perhaps even manage one, you may have already heard of ICEtags. But, bearing in mind the difference they can make, we thought it worth sharing a little more information on them today.
ICEtags are small plastic cards that are easily attached to a shoelace or zipper, and can hold quite a lot of critical information. The sort of details we’re referring to can include:
- Individual’s name
- Emergency contact details
- Medical information
- Personalised with your club logo, details or branding
Many clubs are now starting to understand the importance of In Case of Emergency (ICE) information, and some are even making it mandatory. But if you haven’t considered that yet, here’s some food for thought.
Benefits of ICEtags for both clubs AND their members
- ICEtags hold key ICE information and medical details – This seems obvious, but we feel it’s important enough to emphasise a bit further. Safety isn’t just a nice-to-have, particularly when people are out on their own. By issuing your club members with ICEtags, you are enabling them to enhance their safety during all activities – whether club organised or not.
- ICEtags make a great club identifier – Club issued ICEtags are an ideal way to raise awareness of your club. Not only can they be branded with your logo and/or club name, but they also show yours is a club that knows what it’s doing and cares. Carrying ICE information is important for any athlete – professional or amateur. Any club that issues ICEtags is walking the talk.
- ICEtags are a recognised barcode solution – Tracking times is becoming an expected feature of organised running events, and there’s no reason why your running club can’t do the same. ICEtags can conveniently hold a barcode to enable your running members to track their progress over the weeks.
- ICEtags are visible but discreet – Emergency response personnel and first responders are trained to look for ICE details. ICEtags are an ideal way of presenting this to them. They may just be small plastic cards, but they can hold quite a bit of information, and it’s information that might save a life.
- ICEtags are easy to attach – They can be connected to a trainer lace, or a zipper, and don’t need to be removed each time a runner heads off for a run. Whatever method someone chooses, you’re making it easy for your club members to remember to wear one every time they go out.
- ICEtags are waterproof and easy to keep clean – ICEtags are made of plastic so they’re easy to wipe clean whilst the printed information stays legible. Whatever the weather, your members can head out with ICE information on board.
- ICEtags are durable – The plastic ICEtags are made from is durable and hard wearing. They can cope with the pummelling a washing machine will put them through. And they don’t snap easily or wilt in bad weather. Put simply, an ICEtag is a tough piece of kit.
- ICEtags stay secure to a running shoe and don’t 'flap' around – Because of their compact size, ICEtags don’t interfere with the action in any way. They don’t flap around, and are so light they won’t affect performance at all.
Like the sound of that?
If the above resonates with you, start smiling because ICEtags are easy to order. Some clubs are worried about taking on an extra admin headache, but in fact they need do no more than send over an Excel spreadsheet with the relevant information. And of course bulk orders will enjoy a beneficial discount.
Alternatively, if you want your members to be able to order their own tags from our website, then we can set up a bespoke page just for your club!
If you’re interested in promoting your club, whilst providing your members with a valuable health and safety device, visit the Bulk ICEtags web page for further details or email us at email@example.com.